Teen/Young Adult Counseling
TEEN SUCCESS is the motto for my practice. I specialize in adolescent and family counseling and parent coaching. I am a clinician with over 20 years of experience in treating difficult, acting-out adolescents and their families.
My goal is to help teens and families get through this often difficult period of life. I also enjoy helping young adults transition towards independence. I see individuals and families who are struggling with their family relationships. My greatest therapeutic strength is that I am able to build quick rapport with resistant teenagers who might not want to be in therapy.
My clients see me as a “regular guy” and not a “shrink” which allows for a very positive therapeutic relationship. I have worked in school settings, special education and residential treatment settings for many years. The teens and families that I see in treatment are rewarded with closer family relationships, increased success in school and improved peer relationships.
Some common reasons for teen/young adult counseling:
- Poor academic performance
- Relationship problems
- Fighting with parents
- Substance abuse
- Aggressive behavior
- Low motivation
- Suicidal thinking
- Self harmful behavior like “cutting”
- Anxiety issues
- Stress over transitioning to adulthood
- Issues related to transitioning to college life
- Anxiety over not knowing what they want to do in life
- Feelings of despair or hopelessness about one’s ability to be successful and independent as an adult